A young man came in for a dinner last week, it was very cold outside, and he was wearing old running shoes which were...
“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” – Booker T. Washington
We have volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. We love our volunteers and we simply could not do what we do without them.
Volunteer Activities Include:
- Food Preparation
- Delivery Driving
We are open 7 days a week and have two shifts each day.
The morning shift begins at 9:30 am till noon. This shift includes packaging different items for the bagged lunches, putting together the bagged lunches, prepping the hot take out meals, and dishwashing.
The afternoon shift starts at 12:00 pm and goes to 4:00 pm. This shift includes serving/packaging the hot takeout meals, serving soup, serving beverages, watching the bread station, sandwich making, and dishwashing.
- Volunteers are pre-screened before starting their shifts
- Volunteers and all guests entering the hall are required to sign in and out when they enter and leave the building
- All volunteers are required to wear a mask in the building
- All serving stations have plexi glass shields
- All work stations are spaced out 6 feet apart in the hall.
We require that all volunteers who have travelled out of Northwestern Ontario to self-isolate for 14 days after returning. We also require anyone who has been in contact with someone who has COVID to self-isolate for 7 days before coming back to volunteer with us.